I Did It!

Decorating By bellabakes Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 2:35pm by erincc

bellabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabakes Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 7

I did my first wedding cake/ stacked cake ever! Not perfect but I think its pretty good for my first. Need to figure out to get smoother BC, the VIVA paper towel thing gave me hell. Thankfully there were no major disasters and everyone loved it! I transported it fully stacked which was a little scary but I felt more comfortable stacking it at home and fixing it there if there was a problem. I'm just glad to have the weight finally off my shoulders... this cake stuff is stressful!icon_eek.gif

here's a pic!
p.s. my topper is a little juvenile, I didn't know what I was doing haha icon_razz.gif
LL

6 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 7

Oh well done Bellabakes - its a great relief isn't it when you have created your first wedding cake masterpiece............and delivered it.

What a lovely job you did of it - thumbs_up.gif
Be very proud of yourself - its lovely.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 7

Beautiful job. You must be so proud!! It's like having your first baby!!!

Congratulations on moving it while stacked. It must have been nerve wracking!! Who carried it? It must have been so heavy!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 1:05pm
post #4 of 7

Stunner cake--it caught my eye in the newsreel while I was navigating to the forums and what a surprise to learn it's a first!

Bravo.

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 7

Fantastic job!!! You did great!!! thumbs_up.gif

bellabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabakes Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone! I had to have my father carry it downstairs for me (our kitchen is on the 2nd floor of our house..weird i know..) and he put it on my lap in the car while he drove (he's probably a more careful driver than I would have been) I'm just glad it didn't end up all over me!

erincc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erincc Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 2:35pm
post #7 of 7

Wow! That is an awesome first wedding cake! It's an awesome cake no matter how many you've made- way to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%