Help!

Decorating By Momof5Angels Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 1:16am by BlakesCakes

Momof5Angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof5Angels Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 6

I don't know what I'm doing wrong this is the only pan that I have trouble with and I need to figure it out. I have the Wilton 14x19 sheet pan and EVERY time I bake in it I have one freaking spot that sticks no matter how what I do to prevent sticking.

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 6

Sounds like there is an imperfection in the pan finish. How large is this 'spot'? Is it worth complaining? icon_smile.gif How long have you had the pan? I'd return it - at least contact Wilton and complain.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 6

Welcome to Cake Central Momof5Angels
did you try cake release or shortening and flour and really put alot on that spot. You could also try and contact Wilton and see if they could replace it for you. HTH

Momof5Angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof5Angels Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 6

It always seems to be in the same spot and it is large enough that I can pick up the piece with my cake lifter. I have only had it about 2 months so I think I will contact Wilton and see what they can do. Thank you guys! I always do a pan release too and still have trouble with the same spot. I'm on my third cake today and both of the first two have had the same trouble. They were different recipes so I don't think it is anything I'm doing but I thought maybe it was.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 9:21pm
post #5 of 6

Just cover with parchment if it can't be replaced, works great everytime thumbs_up.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 1:16am
post #6 of 6

Yep, no matter what pan I use, a sheet of parchment ALWAYS goes in the bottom.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%