Help! Lemon Filled Birthday Cake

Decorating By abbytx99 Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 1:34am by melissad

abbytx99 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 7

My husband found a lemon filling at our local cake store and wants me to make him a birthday cake next week with the filling. I am having a hard time figuring out what kind of cake and icing combo would go well with the filling. Any ideas would be appreciated

6 replies
mamanof3 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 7

French Vanilla cake (doctored cake mix) with cream cheese icing...I've used that combo with my family and it's a hit every time, even with those who don't typically eat cake.

mandyloo Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 7

Margarita cake, vanilla, orange, strawberry... icon_smile.gif

floral1210 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 7

How about vanilla cake, BC frosting in either vanilla or lemon, or a raspberry BC frosting? I would use the WASC cake, and the Extra Special ButterCream frosting on this website. Hmm.....hungry for it already!

Melchas Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 7

I just got a request to day for a french vanilla, lemon filled cake for an up comming birthday. I made the same cake for the parents' wedding adn it was a big hit.
I use a doctored box mix and it's delicious!

JGMB Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 7

How about a nice coconut cake with regular vanilla buttercream?

melissad Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 1:34am
post #7 of 7

As long as the filling isn't really intense, you could go all lemon. I've done lemon curd filling, white cake with a little lemon zest added, and lemon flavored BC and really enjoyed it. If that's too much lemon, I think the coconut idea sounds good too. I may have to try that next time...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%