Help!!!! Cake From Hell Giving Me A Nervous Cakedown!!!

Decorating By KellBell22 Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 7:48pm by KellBell22

KellBell22 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 5

Okay, so I'm making a beer can cake, five tiers high, for my dad's party this afternoon. After one disaster of it falling over, I've gotten to the point of almost being done, except I need to put a printed edible image on it that is approximately 8x10 in size. I can't get it off the paper backing and it's been in the freezer for over an hour. HELP!!!!!! Please please please please please!!!!

4 replies
leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 5

what brand in the edible image? Luck's doesn't go in the freezer. Most other bands work fine in the freezer. If the freezer trick is going to work, it will work in about 7 minutes.

KellBell22 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know the brand, I had a local shop print it for me, and her only suggestion was to put it in the freezer. Unfortunately every time I attempt to take it off a little bit more of the edge flakes away, and I'm terrified that if I keep screwing with it the whole thing will flake off little by little.

DetailsByDawn Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 5

Are you trying to peel it off on the edge of a table? That usually helps. I've never tried the freezer method, I would think it would make it too brittle. Sometimes the edges of mine flake too, just a little, but it stops as you keep peeling. Because they're seamless, you can't tell once it's on the cake. Wishing you luck!

KellBell22 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 5

The table is a great idea, I'll definately give that a whirl. Thanks all for the advice!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%