Meringue Flower Petals

Decorating By petunia Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 1:44pm by petunia

petunia Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 5

Will meringue flower petals (made individually) hold up if put together using a dollop of royal icing? Thanks for your help icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Toptier Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 5

Good question, I need to know too as I'm doing that Martha Stewart cake cake that is covered with meringue flowers next year so I'll bump you to see if anyone with experience with this can answer.

I would think that it would work...the meringue petals are light as air, were you going to bake them first and then pipe the centers and attach the baked/dried petals to the raw center and bake again? That's how I would do it. If that doesn't work you could try baking the center and petals separately then pasting em together with a little more meringue and baking again for a short time to set/dry.

Please post how it worked when you're done!

petunia Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 10:04am
post #3 of 5

Ha, I too, am making a Martha Stewart cake. It's the 7 tier, all white with the meringue daisies. I was just going to put them together with royal, somehow I thought it would be easier. I just wasn't sure if the royal would cause the meringue to break down. Fingers crossed icon_rolleyes.gif

G_Cakes Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 10:48am
post #4 of 5

Wow you all have me excited to learn more about this cake this something in one of her books or can you find it on her website?

petunia Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 5

Go to Martha Stewart weddings, you can search by the name of the cake Flower Power. I have never made meringue flowers before and not a whole lot of time to practice so any help suggestions would be appreciated!

Quote by @%username% on %date%