Same Old Question

Decorating By Ladybug78 Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 5:25pm by Ladybug78

Ladybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug78 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 5

I am baking a cake for monday... today is saturday. its an 11x15 pan and won't fit in my side-by-side fridge. the cake will be iced in BC no perishable fillings, honestly if I keep it on the counter will it be okay? I am so afraid of bacteria and mold and all sorts of growing cooties. Please help!!

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 5

Just keep it in a box at room temp, as long as there are no perishable fillings it will be fine for that long.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 5

Yes it will be fine.

I often wonder where the idea came from that foods will start to mold and go bad in less than one day? Our mothers and grandmothers kept cake on the counter, either covered in foil, saran or a glass dome, for days and the cakes were fine. We keep breads, and muffins, and other foods on the counter for days. (How old ARE those oreos in your pantry? icon_lol.gif )

Sometimes we overthink things.

Ladybug78 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks, you guys are right... breads, cookies, all sorts of treats are left out and are fine. I think I just needed to be reassured. Have a great day.

Ladybug78 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, you guys are right... breads, cookies, all sorts of treats are left out and are fine. I think I just needed to be reassured. Have a great day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%