Sheet Cake To Feed 137...how On Earth?

Decorating By gr8cakemaker Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 3:03pm by indydebi

gr8cakemaker Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 3

I just got a call about a cake order to feed 137 people... They want a sheet cake. How large does this sheet cake need to be? Has anyone ever made a sheet cake this large? Thanks in advance for any info and advice....kinda panicking here! icon_surprised.gif

2 replies
SaraClassic Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 3

Ive done a sheet for 120... I made it 2 layers (normal 4 in tall ) so servings in just that cake were apx 110 ( cut to the "normal" wedding slices) and then I added a 6 in round in the back corner on an SPS system and got my extra cake there. I used the round to give some demension and added the main decorations there. It was enough cake and a nice little extra to a "plain" sheet. Just a thought, it would get you pretty close. Or you coudl to 2 layers and add cake another sheet and cut in it half and stack it to two olayers and end up with a sheet +half and 4 in high, that would be plenty also.
Maybe someone else will have done something similiar too icon_smile.gif
GL icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 3

First, I'd tell her that there is no way she is getting a cake that serves exactly 137, so she will be charged for the number of servings the cake is designed to serve. What a weird number!

Two 12x18's shoved together or stacked serve 108.
Four 12x18's (2 layer) serve 216.

Four 11x15's, stacked, (i.e. 2 side by side, then 2 on top) will serve 140.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%