Italian Rum Cake

Baking By todolomio Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 7:48am by majka_ze

todolomio Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone!

As always I run to CC when I don't know what I'm doing or getting into!!!! (don't we all) lol

I had a client as me for an Italian Rum Cake! I told her that I would have to make a few tasting to ensure it tastes good. However, she wants a three tier cake! Can you make an Italian Rum Cake in tiers? I thought this cake was very moist??? Has anyone done one? Any good recipes out there?

Thanks to all of you in advance!,

1 reply
majka_ze Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:48am
post #2 of 2

Here is the recipe - the third one looks like the original: http://www.recipesecrets.net/forums/ask-cooking-questions/26517-italian-rum-cake.html
As for three tier cake. Well, with good support you can make any cake in tiers. You need to get the supports completely hold the weight of the cakes on top.
There is another problem - from the recipe, this cake needs to be refrigerated. The pastry cream should be refrigerated, the whipped cream must be refrigerated.
Another one - fondant is out of question, in this type of cake it will almost surely sweet. I would say, any decorations should be made with piped whipped cream.

Do you want to do all this??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%