Teeth Ads

Lounge By lthiele Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 5:47am by SugarFrosted

lthiele Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 6:49am
post #1 of 15

Is it just me or is anyone else finding these awful teeth pics very off putting in the ads? It's a bit like the foot thing - I find other people's mouths a bit too much. I went for a job trial once as a dental assistant and nearly keeled over. tapedshut.gif

14 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 6:53am
post #2 of 15

I used to get grossed out by the ads too, but I got a different antivirus software than I had been using, and it blocks all the ads on every website, so I don't see them anymore.

Bluehue Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 8:00am
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiele

Is it just me or is anyone else finding these awful teeth pics very off putting in the ads? It's a bit like the foot thing - I find other people's mouths a bit too much.
LOL, I just keep my eyes down and don't look at it - icon_wink.gif

I went for a job trial once as a dental assistant and nearly keeled over. tapedshut.gif
Now that is funny - i just absolutely roared laughing when i read that -
icon_redface.gif I am not laughing *at you* ........really i'm not.

Even after years of nursing i still shudder at the thought of dealing with *bad mouths*.................................shudder

Bluehue

snowboarder Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 15
jen1977 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 15

I hate them too. I've been getting mostly Spanish ads this week, and don't speak Spanish, lol. I know there is an ad free option, but I'm not going to pay for it. The ads don't bother me enough, lol.

lthiele Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:41pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:

Is it just me or is anyone else finding these awful teeth pics very off putting in the ads? It's a bit like the foot thing - I find other people's mouths a bit too much.
LOL, I just keep my eyes down and don't look at it - icon_wink.gif

I went for a job trial once as a dental assistant and nearly keeled over. tapedshut.gif
Now that is funny - i just absolutely roared laughing when i read that -
icon_redface.gif I am not laughing *at you* ........really i'm not.

Even after years of nursing i still shudder at the thought of dealing with *bad mouths*.................................shudder

Bluehue

eeeeegggghhhhh.................. shuddering too! I work in a restaurant and REFUSE to pick up other people's used toothpicks. They just leave them on the table like "my mouth crud don't stink!!" It's totally disgusting and makes me physiclly dry reach. Would you use dental floss, throw it on a dining table and expect somone else to pick it up? icon_eek.gif

Rylan Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:20pm
post #7 of 15

It doesn't really bother me. Even if it was eating some type fecal matter, I still wouldn't gross me out.

Bluehue Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 5:26am
post #8 of 15
Quote:

eeeeegggghhhhh.................. shuddering too! I work in a restaurant and REFUSE to pick up other people's used toothpicks. They just leave them on the table like "my mouth crud don't stink!!" It's totally disgusting and makes me physiclly dry reach. Would you use dental floss, throw it on a dining table and expect somone else to pick it up? icon_eek.gif

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh - now thats just plainly a lack of breeding in some people.
Truely - the human race never ceases to surprise me. How lazy are humans?

Its like picking up someone else's used tissue - tapedshut.gifthumbsdown.gificon_cry.gif

Mug-a-Bug Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:38am
post #9 of 15

Haha! I was a dental assistant before I was a mom (and a cakie). Totally gross - I once flicked some 'junk' in my eye with some floss!! I vow to never look into anyone's mouth again. I just want to stuff some cake in there instead! icon_lol.gif

veronica720 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:18am
post #10 of 15
Quote:

Quote:

Its like picking up someone else's used tissue - tapedshut.gifthumbsdown.gificon_cry.gif

How lazy are humans? you ask

Well when I worked in the cosmetics department at Walmart just about everyday some jacka$$ would spit their snuff on the shelves. Another time a man went # 2 in the garden center. Mothers would let their children use the restroom in the dressing rooms. (which is why they no longer have carpet in most stores) I found a used diaper stuffed in the clothes rack one time.

I know there is more that I will think of. Some people should be banned from reproducing!!!!

lardbutt Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:11pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityCakes

Haha! I was a dental assistant before I was a mom (and a cakie). Totally gross - I once flicked some 'junk' in my eye with some floss!! I vow to never look into anyone's mouth again. I just want to stuff some cake in there instead! icon_lol.gif

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

lardbutt Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 1:13pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica720

Quote:

Quote:

Well when I worked in the cosmetics department at Walmart just about everyday some jacka$$ would spit their snuff on the shelves. Another time a man went # 2 in the garden center. Mothers would let their children use the restroom in the dressing rooms. (which is why they no longer have carpet in most stores) I found a used diaper stuffed in the clothes rack one time.

I know there is more that I will think of. Some people should be banned from reproducing!!!!

But....nothing surprises me in WalMart! LOL

lthiele Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:48am
post #13 of 15
Quote:

That would have had me in convulsions on the floor! icon_eek.gif

lthiele Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 4:56am
post #14 of 15

[quote="veronica720

I know there is more that I will think of. Some people should be banned from reproducing!!!![/quote]

I just got back from buying my daughter some new clothes for summer. We had been in there a while and she is only just out of nappies, she hid in a clothes rack and did a wee on the floor. I was mortified! icon_surprised.gif There was no way I was letting anyone else clean it up, on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor. I cant believe people would let their child go in a dressing room and then walk away! icon_eek.gif I'm the sort of mum / woman who would tap that person on the shoulder and tell them to fix it or hand them back their dirty diaper! So disgusting!

SugarFrosted Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 5:47am
post #15 of 15
Quote:

I was an ER nurse for years before the advent of safety face shields. Got "junk" flicked/thrown/splattered on me a lot.

Everytime I get my teeth cleaned I remind my hygienist to wear her safety glasses. She tells me she is doing better at remembering and I tell her I am doing better at remembering to floss every day. I know I'm not lying, but I wonder about her icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%