Hi!anyone Here From Singapore?

Decorating By bobhope Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 2:13pm by bobhope

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:37am
post #1 of 15

i will be in singapore on the 23rd til oct 1st (for the f1 grand prix icon_smile.gif ), so if anyone can pls direct me to a good/complete cake/baking supply shop/s in singapore would be great...would like to take this opportunity to buy some cake supplies while there...thanks in advance... icon_smile.gif

bobbie

14 replies
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:22am
post #2 of 15

bobbie! have fun on your trip! my Dh and I are planning a trip next year maybe Singapore or HK. I would love to know the cake supply stores there so I'm gonna watch your topic. Take care!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 6:11am
post #3 of 15
bobhope Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 9:10am
post #4 of 15

thanks uschi, i am now excited after reading BIY's customer feedbacks icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

bobhope Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 9:12am
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

bobbie! have fun on your trip! my Dh and I are planning a trip next year maybe Singapore or HK. I would love to know the cake supply stores there so I'm gonna watch your topic. Take care!

thanks denise!!! you take care too girl! icon_biggrin.gif

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 9:20am
post #6 of 15

When you get back, please tell us, how the shop really is. We might go there one day, have friends living in Singapore

bobhope Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 10:17am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula40

When you get back, please tell us, how the shop really is. We might go there one day, have friends living in Singapore

sure uschi thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 11:46am
post #8 of 15

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how lucky are you - going tp Singapore.
Have been a few times for holidays - LOVE IT - so clean - so neat - SOOOOO WONDERFUL.

Heyyyy - after Singa's you can hop skip and jump on down to Perth - (Australia) - its only a 5 hour flight from Singa's - plenty of Cake supply shops here - icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif
And its Springtime - so great for touring around - icon_cool.gificon_lol.gif

Enjoy your Holiday BH... thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:36pm
post #9 of 15

B-i-y is a relatively new store. But they seem to carry a good range. I definitely will be stopping in there , next month, when I am in Singapore.

If you are looking for basic baking / decorating stuff (read wilton!!!) then there is a chain called Phoon Huat, which has many outlets around the city.

There used to be a very old shop , in a building called Adelphi, opposite Funan It Mall, which is run by some very old people. They carry a lot of stuff, including good dusts and colours, but it is not very organised. This is one of the earliest supplers of cake decorating equipment and supplies in Singapore.

Hope you find all you need.
Karen

bobhope Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 6:44am
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how lucky are you - going tp Singapore.
Have been a few times for holidays - LOVE IT - so clean - so neat - SOOOOO WONDERFUL.

Heyyyy - after Singa's you can hop skip and jump on down to Perth - (Australia) - its only a 5 hour flight from Singa's - plenty of Cake supply shops here - icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif
And its Springtime - so great for touring around - icon_cool.gificon_lol.gif

Enjoy your Holiday BH... thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

thanks bluehue!!!that's so tempting icon_biggrin.gif ...this is my 2nd time to sing..the first time i was w/ my 3 sisters & we were in tight sked..we also went to kuala lumpur icon_smile.gif

bobhope Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 6:46am
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by karennayak

B-i-y is a relatively new store. But they seem to carry a good range. I definitely will be stopping in there , next month, when I am in Singapore.

If you are looking for basic baking / decorating stuff (read wilton!!!) then there is a chain called Phoon Huat, which has many outlets around the city.

There used to be a very old shop , in a building called Adelphi, opposite Funan It Mall, which is run by some very old people. They carry a lot of stuff, including good dusts and colours, but it is not very organised. This is one of the earliest supplers of cake decorating equipment and supplies in Singapore.

Hope you find all you need.
Karen

thanks a bunch karen.. i have more time to go around this time..so i'm gonna be looking out for these shops thumbs_up.gif

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 7:09am
post #12 of 15

If you need help locating places, let me know. I lived in Singapore for five years, and know my way around the city pretty well (especially the cake decorating shops!)

The city is small and the public transport system is excellent. So I don't think you will have any problems.

Karen

bobhope Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 7:26am
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by karennayak

If you need help locating places, let me know. I lived in Singapore for five years, and know my way around the city pretty well (especially the cake decorating shops!)

The city is small and the public transport system is excellent. So I don't think you will have any problems.

Karen

thanks karen..so sweet of you icon_biggrin.gif

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 9:30am
post #14 of 15

I grew up in Singapore but now live in Melbourne. As Karen has mentioned, Phoon Huat is a great place to shop for cake decorating stuff. I get my sister to buy stuff for me and send it over. They have the nut cups that I use for cupcakes and they are really cheap - about Sing$10.00 for 100 cups. Have fun shopping.

http://www.phoonhuat.com/sto_loc.htm

Check out the above link for store locations. If you are staying in the city, the City Speciality Store in Bencoolen St will be the closest to you.

bobhope Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:13pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraK

I grew up in Singapore but now live in Melbourne. As Karen has mentioned, Phoon Huat is a great place to shop for cake decorating stuff. I get my sister to buy stuff for me and send it over. They have the nut cups that I use for cupcakes and they are really cheap - about Sing$10.00 for 100 cups. Have fun shopping.

http://www.phoonhuat.com/sto_loc.htm

Check out the above link for store locations. If you are staying in the city, the City Speciality Store in Bencoolen St will be the closest to you.

wow thanks barbarak,great link..we're staying somewhere in bencoolen thumbs_up.gif

bobbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%