Pricing Question

Decorating By d3sc3n7 Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 2:59am by d3sc3n7

d3sc3n7 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:36am
post #1 of 3

Ok...so I somehow ended up with 3 baby shower cakes to do next weekend. I'm doing 2 tier cakes, with MMF and BC. They will be a 8in and 6in tier. What would a good price be for a cake like this?

I can give more detail if needed, I'm pretty new to this.

2 replies
coffeechick Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #2 of 3

ok here are my calculations.. I assume you are making your own fondant??? total servings for a 8 and 6 inch round are 36servings. I charge 3.00 for fondant per serving so you are looking at about $108.00, that is the base price, you have to also charge for any extras you plan on making ie, plaques, booties, bottles etc.... Now granted these are my prices of what I charge in my area....your area maybe more or less. i wish you all the best and let me know if you have any other wuestions
cherie'

d3sc3n7 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:59am
post #3 of 3

Ok thank you very much! You can see my other cakes in my profile...well, ignore the bakugan cake, it turned out horribly...then again, it was the first time I've worked with fondant in years! I learned alot from that cake, and it was for my son, so it was ok.

yes, I'm making my own MMF. I've tried the regular fondant...and just cant get over the taste. MMF with a touch of vanilla (or whatever your going for) extract is wonderful. I need to come up with a pricing list though...which I may come back for.

I'm going to start a portfolio when I get these 3 finished, and publicize a bit more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%