Home-Made Fondant

Decorating By Loo Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 2:53pm by grandmom

Loo Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:41am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, I made Michelle Fosters fondant last night and although it tasted great, it wasn't very workable. It was cracking and had no 'elasticity'. I am good at following recipes and was very careful with the measuring. I tried adding more glycerin but eventually had used almost as much as I put in initially and it was still cracking. Does anyone out there have any ideas on what I did wrong? I am hesitant to try again but I REALLY don't like the taste of the bought stuff. Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions.

3 replies
grandmom Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 10:18am
post #2 of 4

Sounds like you may have worked in too much sugar. If you start with your syrup still too warm, it may take more sugar than usual, and cause it to set up too hard later. And did you let it rest several hours after making?

Somewhere on this site, MF has a thread with pointers on what can go wrong and how to fix her recipe. I just can't find it!

PatW Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmom

Sounds like you may have worked in too much sugar. If you start with your syrup still too warm, it may take more sugar than usual, and cause it to set up too hard later. And did you let it rest several hours after making?

Somewhere on this site, MF has a thread with pointers on what can go wrong and how to fix her recipe. I just can't find it!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-625727-mff.html+information

grandmom Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, Patw!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%