First Wedding Cake!

Decorating By cft77 Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 11:02pm by Texas_Rose

cft77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cft77 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 4

So I am preparing to create my first wedding cake. The bride would like a 4 tier cake. What I am wondering about are her cake choices...in particular she would like Lemon chiffon with strawberry whip cream filling for the bottom tier! All tiers will be covered with fondant. Do you think this type of cake would hold up to the fondant and the rest of the tiers???

Any good recipe ideas for Lemon chiffon with strawberry whip cream filling ?

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 4

Hmmm....no whip cream under the fondant. At least I wouldn't do it. It's going to have to go in the fridge and you'd risk it melting and your bottom tier looking like a saggy mess, unless you did it right before the reception, and I'm sure you don't want to be putting fondant on a big tier on a tight deadline.

cft77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cft77 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! I think you are right...you think the lemon chiffon would be ok if I used a different filling? Maybe some other type of strawberry filling?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 4

Sure, the kind of cake shouldn't really matter as long as you use enough supports in the cake....it's the supports that will hold the weight of the upper tiers. There are different kinds of strawberry filling...the sleeve fillings, seedless strawberry jam, strawberry buttercream (I really like Indydebi's recipe with a dram of Lorann strawberry flavoring added to it).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%