Oh My Gosh!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 12:27pm by cutthecake

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 22

I had my WASC stacked on my cooling racks to cool... As I'm getting them ready to level, I start unstacking them...

The 8" round on the bottom rack has a quarter sized piece of fondant stuck on the side of it....

Earlier today I was making the mushroom cake from super mario and had left over fondant that I gave my son to "play" with or eat... (he's 4 and you might have read about him on here before... )

Anyway... so I call for him because he KNOWS it is a no no to touch mommy's cakes and he got in trouble earlier today for taking a taste of the icing in the mixer when I walked out of the room....

So... he comes into the kitchen and as he walks in, I peel the fondant off the side of the cake. What I didn't know is that my clever 4 year old had a method to his madness.

The fondant was a "band aid" so mommy wouldn't notice the marble sized piece of cake missing from the side of the 8" round. Gosh I love this kid but Good GRIEF!!! Did anyone find out about those BOGO tickets to the moon? I had to punish him but it took everything in me not to bust out laughing.

21 replies
sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 22

Oh shill, I hear ya!
My 4 year old daughter is always demanding to 'help' me in the kitchen and she gets fondant or gumpaste to play with, while the almost-2year old pulls at my knees screeching "choco, choco". It's fun, isn't it?
I actually think it was pretty ingenious of your little man to try to cover up his crime. He's going to grow up to either be a succesful engineer or a master criminal! hahahaha
Good luck! icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 22

WOW! He strikes again.
I had a rough day yesterday. My 2yo choked on juice and threw up and then tripped in it and had to have a bath. Get a a diaper on her and clean up. She took her diaper off and peed on the tile floor. OK Clean her off changer her with clothes and pants and a swat-n-firm warning. Go to clean up the pee. She dissapeared into her room to play. I should ahve cheked on her because...

Dum dum duuuuuuuummmmm(scary music with booming finish)

I found her naked yet again with little poopy pile presents where she has tried to walk away from the urge. One word-carpet. icon_cry.gif

OK Bath again and get her dressed. Proceed to the arduous process of cleaning and dissenfecting the carpet.(Second time this week by the way-yay me! icon_rolleyes.gif )

And my other children had been enlisted to keep their eyes on her.

FAIL! Mark it on ALL their tweedle-dee-dum foreheads!

She was in the bathroom dumping and smeering a bottle of body wash EVERYWHERE!!!

Bath AGAIN!

And clean up soap from everything and try desperatly not to trip and fall-FAIL-ME! At least the soap was "clean" to clean up-sigh.

We are potty training-AH the toddler life!

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 22

Oh that is sooo funny! He was just helping you out. lol. My kids always want to help me too! Have you ever let him decorate his own cake? When I'm finished making a cake, I let mine have any left over icing and cake and fill my piping bags and let them go to town!! They know it's their cake and they can do whatever they want to it and leave mine alone! icon_lol.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcm51

...I actually think it was pretty ingenious of your little man to try to cover up his crime. He's going to grow up to either be a succesful engineer or a master criminal! hahahaha
Good luck! icon_lol.gif

Personally I think he is just gonna grow up to be a MAN. I know the men in my house often try to cover up their mistakes with a "band-aid"...for example:

Spill something on the carpet? No Problem! Just cover it up with a casually placed section of the newspaper.

Make a white ring on the furniture by putting a sweaty glass there? (Coaster? What's a coaster?) No Problem! Move the magazines to that end of the coffee table to cover the spot. (Note: magazines stick really well to a wet spot on the table)

Drop food on the floor in the kitchen? No Problem! Pick up the food (and prolly eat it icon_confused.gif ) but leave the goo/sticky spot...no one will notice!

I think it must be genetic.

Barb00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb00 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 22

Enjoy it while you can ladies. It goes by VERY quickly! My two are grown and on their own. The youngest finishing his Masters. I miss the chaotic days, the boo boos, the spilled milk, etc. Was a single working Mom and wish I could have been home to have them get into my stuff!

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:59pm
post #7 of 22

Oh don't get me wrong barb00, I love every minute of it and laugh often even while I'm pulling my hair out.
icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:08pm
post #8 of 22

I do honestly love it too... Two months ago my 2yo figured out the child locks and she excaped the house. I found her drown in the lake behind the house across the street. She is my miracle-mischief maker and is unfazed and opperating at 100%. Messes aside I do tear up a lot and enjoy every bit. The thought actually crossed my mind cleaning up the poopy mess that it is indeed an absolute blessing to be cleaning it up at all!!!

We have locks at 51" on every door now and I am the Door Natzi! And letting her out of my sight for even 30 seconds results in a day like we had yesterday.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:23pm
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

WOW! He strikes again.
I had a rough day yesterday. My 2yo choked on juice and threw up and then tripped in it and had to have a bath. Get a a diaper on her and clean up. She took her diaper off and peed on the tile floor. OK Clean her off changer her with clothes and pants and a swat-n-firm warning. Go to clean up the pee. She dissapeared into her room to play. I should ahve cheked on her because...

I found her naked yet again with little poopy pile presents where she has tried to walk away from the urge. One word-carpet. icon_cry.gif

OK Bath again and get her dressed. Proceed to the arduous process of cleaning and dissenfecting the carpet.(Second time this week by the way-yay me! icon_rolleyes.gif )

She was in the bathroom dumping and smeering a bottle of body wash EVERYWHERE!!!

Bath AGAIN!

And clean up soap from everything and try desperatly not to trip and fall-FAIL-ME! At least the soap was "clean" to clean up-sigh.

LOL - and people wonder why I have dogs instead of kids!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:31pm
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb00

Enjoy it while you can ladies. It goes by VERY quickly! My two are grown and on their own. The youngest finishing his Masters. I miss the chaotic days, the boo boos, the spilled milk, etc. Was a single working Mom and wish I could have been home to have them get into my stuff!

I am with you Barb00 I wish my daughter was my hip baby again. That is all she wanted was for me to carry her around, but she was a good hip baby lol

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:47pm
post #11 of 22

Oh my Gosh, my little guy is just turning a year and has the worst separation anxiety. He stands while hanging onto the back of my leg; then I can't move without knocking him over which will cause him to start crying. Some days when I'm trying to make a cake, it can be sooo frustrating. I also have a four year old that is starting full-time kindergarten this year, yay! He's always doing something to upset the little one. Some days I think I'm going to go crazy!! But, I so love them! Thanks for listening.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:55pm
post #12 of 22

icon_lol.gif I love it! It's so hard to keep that straight face when you know you got to punish them, but you just want to fall out laughing!

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:01am
post #13 of 22

The child is brilliant! With thinking like that you know he will achieve a lot later on!!!!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:30am
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

Quote:

WOW! He strikes again.

Bath AGAIN!

LOL - and people wonder why I have dogs instead of kids!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

true that! i LOOOOOOVE kids. absolutely love. most of the time i'd rather spend time with them then some of the other "adult" morons roaming the streets these days. anyway, i LOVE them, but never want ANY because i do not have the patience all of you do.

you are all amazing women. i give so, so, so many props to mothers. i love playing/being with/indulging kids... but part of my love is that i GET TO GIVE THEM BACK! icon_biggrin.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:50am
post #15 of 22

I love my 2 kids. 11 yrs and 2 yrs. It's awesome. I turned around at the swim pool to watch my oldest (seriously, you ALL know how long I turned for.... less than 30 seconds...) and the baby was GONE!!!! I went outside to see if he was there, and he was INSIDE the change room taking off his clothes. UGH!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:12am
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcm51

...I actually think it was pretty ingenious of your little man to try to cover up his crime. He's going to grow up to either be a succesful engineer or a master criminal! hahahaha
Good luck! icon_lol.gif

Personally I think he is just gonna grow up to be a MAN. I know the men in my house often try to cover up their mistakes with a "band-aid"...for example:

Spill something on the carpet? No Problem! Just cover it up with a casually placed section of the newspaper.

Make a white ring on the furniture by putting a sweaty glass there? (Coaster? What's a coaster?) No Problem! Move the magazines to that end of the coffee table to cover the spot. (Note: magazines stick really well to a wet spot on the table)

Drop food on the floor in the kitchen? No Problem! Pick up the food (and prolly eat it icon_confused.gif ) but leave the goo/sticky spot...no one will notice!

Oh mine doesn't even try to hide it!

Spill coffee on the counter? Don't wipe it up. Let MOM clean up the dried and harder to clean stuff later. And let's not even notice the brown streaks of dried coffee running down the front of my white cabinet doors.

Take the last coke from the box in the 'frig? Well heaven forbid we remove the empty box!

Spill something in the 'frig? not a problem! It'll all run down into the bottom drawer where i will be easy for mom to clean up the dried milk later!

Men. Can't live with 'em. Can't shoot 'em. (Well, we COULD .... but we'd just have to clean up after them ONE MORE TIME!)

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:13am
post #17 of 22

So glad I'm not alone. ha ha Looks like several of you have much more chaos than I do. I don't envy you the gray hairs you pluck every morning. icon_lol.gif

As if my night couldn't get any more dramatic... I'm still working on cake 2... got a headache so decided to take a little break with my 4 year old and snuggle in front of Ratatouille... My husband got home from picking up his motorcycle at the shop. It's been pouring here all day so he had it in the back of his pick-up. Anyway, he asked me to help him get it out of the truck... UGH... I wanted to wait till daylight but he didn't want to leave it there all night sooooo

Anyway, while getting it off the truck, the wood he uses as ramps was really slick from the rain... the front wheel slid off the ramp and landed on ME! Right on the back of my calf and down my ankle and on top of my foot. Don't ask exactly how... I just know what hurts. Scared the snot out of me. Gave me a good cry from stress, headache, and then an overload of fear, pain, and adrenaline. I'm fine... just a little pink and slightly puffy in a couple spots. But oh... the drama...

I had to dust myself off and go back to trying to make this cricut behave so I can finish this darn cake for tomorrow...

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:40am
post #18 of 22

I'm so sorry you had such a tough day! This really gives new meaning to the old phrase "When it rains, it pours". Deep breath, take some tylenol, and when the cake is done, make sure DH waits on you while you relax with your foot elevated!

Barb00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb00 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:08pm
post #19 of 22

Just have to laugh! icon_lol.gif We women run the world, don't we!? Indydebi, I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:21pm
post #20 of 22

LOL at all the "fun" (he says "fun" sarcastically

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

What? This surprises you?!?!?

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:24pm
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb00

Just have to laugh! icon_lol.gif We women run the world, don't we!?

Definitely.
Years ago, I told the then-new principal of my kids' school that we, the mothers, could run a small country without batting an eye. He later quoted that in a speech.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:27pm
post #22 of 22
Quote:

I found her drown in the lake behind the house across the street.

PLEASE tell me this is a typo. My heart sank when I read it. I pray you meant "down", not "drown".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%