Almond Joy Cake And Oranges And Cream Cake

Baking By tab_stout Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 10:11am by tab_stout

tab_stout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab_stout Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 6

I am wanting to make an almond joy cake for my dad's 50 birthday, and I am having trouble finidng a recipe to use. I am planning on using the chocolate WASC recipe for the cake, but I need a coconut filing and an almond filing. I would prefer the coconut filing not to have shreds of coconut in it (because I don't like the texture, but any recipes would be greatly apprecited.

I am also wanting to do an oranges and cream cake for the top layer. And was wondering what you thought would be best. I was thinking about doing a veriation of the WASC recipe and just adding orange jello packet and maybe some orange extract. And then a cream cheese filing.

Thanks for any input!

5 replies
mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 6

Have you looked at the Gourmet Recipes thread? Here is a google page with all the recipes. http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

tab_stout Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 6

OMG!!! Thank you so much. I did not know there was a page with all of these on them. I actually first got the idea of doing an almond joy cake from the gourmet flavors forum, but I don't have the time before I make the cake to look through the 248 pages to find the recipes I needed. This is wonderful!!! Can't thank you enough

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 6

Once you have read through the google entries, any updates will be listed at the bottom so you won't miss out on anything. It looks like it has been awhile since it was updated, so you might want to read the later entries on the Gourmet Recipe thread. My notification keeps getting turned off, so I know I've missed a lot but I could bake for a LONG time with what is already on there. icon_biggrin.gif

I have made the Orange Dreamsicle several times and it is one of my favorites.

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 6

I absolutely love the recipe that I found here on CC. Check it out!! If the link doesn't work just search the recipe section
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1685/almond-joy-cake

tab_stout Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 10:11am
post #6 of 6

Thanks didavista that recipe sounds wonderful!!

And thanks again mbt4955 for all those recipes. I will be using that link all the time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%