Videos For Silicone Molds

Decorating By mom32008 Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 10:15pm by bobwonderbuns

mom32008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom32008 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 7

does anyone know of any videos out there showing how to use the silicone molds with gum paste and fondant?

6 replies
ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 7

Ummmmm - if there is - they would be dead boring .... it really IS just a case of push it in - keep squishing to make sure any undercuts are completely filled - carefully level the top edge with a plastic artists palet knife (sometimes you need to keep your finger infront of where you are cutting to prevent all paste getting dragged out)

Pop in the fridge/freezer to harden for minute or two - turn mould over and flex to popout your fondant/gumpaste pieces.

mom32008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom32008 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 7

I'm a visual person and I'm thinking of buying some molds and wanted to see what they actually come out looking like! before I buy them!

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 7

Try tonedna1 on youtube. She has a video tutorial showing her using a silicone mold to make a string of beads.

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom32008

I'm a visual person and I'm thinking of buying some molds and wanted to see what they actually come out looking like! before I buy them!

Which site are you looking at? Most good suppliers will have a picture of the mould, a picture of the item as it comes out AND also a picture of how it might be used ! All pretty visual

It appears you have taken offense at my reply - I guess I wrongly assumed that you had seen all of the good sites.

I would never buy a mould that I had not seen an item produced from.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 10:09pm
post #6 of 7

Scott Woolley has a couple videos on his site but they are in reference to things like the Mexican Hat and such.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 10:15pm
post #7 of 7

Okay, I have this new browser and this thing takes FOREVER to load anything (Internet Explorer my eye!) icon_mad.gif but if you go to global sugar art, click on instructions sheets, the third one down Alan has a demo on molding. I'd post the link but the stinkin browser won't load it up for me! icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%