Coffee Creamer In Gournet Flavor Recipes

Decorating By snocilla Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 7:42pm by mgwebb68

snocilla Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 8

In the google doc with all of the gourmet flavors, several recipes use coffee creamer. Does anyone know if this is the powdered or liquid kind? If it is the liquid kind, can I turn my powdered into liquid? Maybe mix with milk or water? I am specifically looking at the Caramel Banana Cake from dandelion56602. Thanks!

7 replies
mgwebb68 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 8

it would be liquid and you can turn your powder into liquid by mixing equal parts powder with an equal part hot water. Make sure you use hot water so it dissolves thoroughly.

snocilla Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks so much! Wait-- Equal parts? Wouldn't that be really thick?

mgwebb68 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 8

no, when you mix the hot water with the powdered creamer it just disolves, it's a little thicker than milk, but not as thick as evaporated milk.

snocilla Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 8

Ok.. Thanks so much! I don't drink coffee, so I've never even bought it before, and I didn't realize you could buy it as a liquid until I already bought the powdered! I feel so naive! LOL!

mgwebb68 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 8

No problem. There are so many flavors out there, I've used it in my fondant and in my buttercream and it's great. Good luck.

kakedreamer1212 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwebb68

No problem. There are so many flavors out there, I've used it in my fondant and in my buttercream and it's great. Good luck.

How do you use liquid coffee creamer in fondant please?

mgwebb68 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 7:42pm
post #8 of 8

When you make it just use it as your flavoring and your liquid. The MMF fondant recipe that I use calls for 2T water and 2t flavor, replace it all with liquid coffee creamer.

Michelle Fosters recipe (in the recipe section) also has options for using flavored coffee creamer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%