I MEAN THIS IS MY VERY FIRST WEDDING CAKE I HAVE DONE SMALLER CAKES BEFORE
there is not one set price for a particular cake. Pricing depends on your area, details of the cake, level of complication, etc.
you have to determine your price per serving, does your client want the cake to be done in buttercream or fondant, and if your client wants real fake or sugar flowers and who will provide the flowers if real or fake.
also, writing in all caps can he hurtful to the eyes.
oh im sorry for the caps
things you need to ask customer before giving a quote:
1. how many servings do they need
2. are they keeping the top tier?
3. are they using real flowers
4. is the florist putting them on or you?
5. is the cream iced in bc or fondant?
6. are you supplying the ribbon or are they? (I attach ribbon free of charge if the customer provides it ahead of time, if they want me to get it...it's $5.00 per tier.
Then once you know all of these answers you can determine a price....BUT you still need to know what you would charge per serving for a bc tiered cake and a fondant tiered cake.....then add on for all the extras.
I arrange up to 25 stems of flowers for free, and each additional is $1.00/stem.....but if they want gumpaste flowers, that's a whole other ball park.
I make them have the flowers waiting on the cake table, if they want me to pick up the flowers from the florist (they must be paid for ahead of time) and I charge an additional $25.00 for the pick up time/gas/inconvenience of doing it for them.
Some brides have more money than time.