Cake Bites Ii

Decorating By wynniejax Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 6:39pm by mbt4955

wynniejax Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 4

Okay, so now that I know what I'm making is called petite fours, I have another question.

I love chocolates with creams in them. My favorite is the orange cream chocolate. Hopefully, peeps understand what I'm talking about so far.

I'm going to use chocolate pound cake, white chocolate ganache (maybe), and I would like to make an orange flavored buttercream. OR I could make an orange flavored icing to cover the petit fours and just use chocolate buttercream. I looked under recipes, but I didn't see one.

The clincher is I don't like the orange flavor in like say cranberry orange muffins. I'm not much for the bitter, orange peel taste.

(I think I'm a bit of a blabber!) icon_smile.gif

3 replies
G_Cakes Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 4

try using so Drambuie (sp) its an orange liquor and is wonderful thats what I use and I just add it to my BC

wynniejax Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 4

I've decided on what I want to make.

Orange flavoured pound cake
orange flavored buttercream/ or chocolate?
dark chocolate ganache to coat

Someone help me pull the trigger. I want a nice balance of orange n chocolate.

mbt4955 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 4

I use orange zest in cream cheese icing and it is to die for. There is nothing bitter about it as long as you just take the zest and don't get into the white underneath. LorAnn makes orange oil that you can add to icing or ganache. It is pretty strong so you would only need a little bit to get the strong orange flavor into whichever layer you decided to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%