Shimmer Dust

Decorating By lizzie84 Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 5:24pm by G_Cakes

lizzie84 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 3

Another question from a newbie-

What is the best technique to use shimmer dust on fondant. If I'm going to make a large bow but want to use shimmer dust do I shake it on or paint it on or what?

2 replies
cylstrial Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 3

You can paint it on with a wet paint brush. Or you can paint it on with a dry paint brush.

I prefer the dry look myself.

I actually have a big brush (it's specifically for cakes) but it looks like a blush brush. All the powder is inside the handle and then you pump the top of it and it sprays the dust everywhere. It's amazing and so fast. The problem is that my son lost it and I'm not sure who made it - or I would tell you. But it is awesome! If you ever see one, GET IT!!

G_Cakes Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

You can paint it on with a wet paint brush. Or you can paint it on with a dry paint brush.

I prefer the dry look myself.

I actually have a big brush (it's specifically for cakes) but it looks like a blush brush. All the powder is inside the handle and then you pump the top of it and it sprays the dust everywhere. It's amazing and so fast. The problem is that my son lost it and I'm not sure who made it - or I would tell you. But it is awesome! If you ever see one, GET IT!!

What a great idea for a brush...going to have to check out my makeup counter next time I go shopping!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%