When Should I Deliver This Cake?? First Wedding Cake!!

Decorating By buggus Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 4:53pm by baycheeks1

buggus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buggus Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 4

I have a 14 inch, 10 and 8 tiers to be stacked onto each other for a reception today at 5:30 p.m. Inside the tiers are whipped ganache and a strawberry buttercream filling with a touch of whipped cream. The outside will be covered completely in a crusting buttercream. It's 25 mins to get to the hall.

When should I deliver?? And how long should I allow to set up? I'm freaked out, this is my first wedding cake

3 replies
baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 4

What time do they open for delivering things and/or setting up? I like to be there an hour or so before the wedding starts...how much time will it take you to set the cake up? It may take you a lil longer or not at all...

But it shouldn't take you more than 20-25 min to set it up and pur on final decorations.

Remember to take extra everything with you JIC somethin messes up.

buggus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buggus Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 4

I am trying to find out what time I can be there, but I'm positive there are decorators there during the day setting up as well.

Well, I'm planning on being there for an hour or so to set up anyway, then have to wait around for payment. It's an old friend of mine, but she hasn't paid me yet.

Do you think the ganache filling will be okay?? it doesn't need to be refridgerated does it? The cake is going to be displayed for quite awhile, then they will be serving it with the midnight buffet.

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 4

If you have it refrigerated until you take it, it should be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%