Halloween Tree

Decorating By jerlyn Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 9:30pm by jerlyn

jerlyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerlyn Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 3

can anyone suggest me on how to make a 3d halloween tree..im doing a halloween wedding cake ..what is the best support if i mold this tree ..im thinking of putting branches..please give me your ideas ..thanks

2 replies
jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 3

Hi there jerlyn:

How tall are you planning on making this tree?

Based on this, there are several things you can do.

1. Internal support for the tree; buy yourself a 1/2 inch flange. You can find this at your local hardware store. It's the base for your structure. According to the hieght of your cake a couple of 1/2 inch galvanized (metal) pipes, and the corresponding couplings to attach and secure your structure. You would then cut a hole through each cake and cake board and then sit it through the pipe that has been wrapped in saran wrap (so the metal doesn't come in contact with the cake).

2. for the branches; you can use wire and melted chocolate. place a 24 gauge wire on wax paper that has been previously greased, melt some choclate in microwave and with a piping bag squirt chocoalte over the wire in different directions to simulate branches. Let this set. When completely set turn it over and do the same for the other side adding branches as you go. You can also pipe some chocoalte in this form without the wire and glue to the bigger branches with more chocolate. Add the leaves at the end.

sorry this is so long and maybe my explanation is a little complicated but this is how I would do it.
maybe someone else may have a better idea.

jerlyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerlyn Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 3

thank you so much for the info

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%