Edible Image Printed At Grocery Store

Decorating By meri1028 Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 3:00pm by txnonnie

meri1028 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meri1028 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:12am
post #1 of 6

I'm going to get an edible image printed today at a local grocery store (hoping they'll do it) for the first time. I would like to know how this works. Do I bring them the image on disk or printed on paper & they scan it? Also, I've heard that once they print it the actual image can shrink. Is this true? I need my images to be a specific size. So I'm hoping this isn't going to be a trial & error kind of thing.

Thanks in advanced!!

5 replies
justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:28am
post #2 of 6

you can bring your picture in on a disk but they may or may not know how to pull it off of there. The easiest way is just bring in the picture and let them scan it. And yes it does shrink some. I tried 4 times yesterday (on paper first) to enlarge an image I wanted and still couldn't get it just right. Also remember if there is a copyright on the picture that the store won't be able to print it. Good luck with this.
Sherri

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:28am
post #3 of 6

Our local grocery stores won't do it, but when I've purchased images from another local cake decorator, she ensured that the image I sent was printed at that size... Good luck!! icon_smile.gif

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 6

When I called a local grocer they wanted the photo. Also informed me that they would try to achieve my size, but could not guarantee it. I ended up going a different route. I printed my own copy, resized and added to a plaque for my cake. It is on my book cake in my photos.

meri1028 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meri1028 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for all your help, everyone!!! I just called our local Walmart & they can do it for $5 a sheet, as long as their not professional pictures. I don't know if they'll give me a problem with any. I have some that are probably 30 years old but professional. We will see. I'm going to try to put as many on a sheet as possible. Wish me luck!

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 6

Good luck. Shouldn't have a problem with one that old. I have been told the copyright is good for so many years. Mine was a professionl one as well, but really old and they were going to do it for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%