*how Much Heat Can Fondant Take????(Shipping Question)*

Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 8:32am by cupcakesnbuttercream

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 7:06am
post #1 of 3

My hubby will be celebrating his birthday in Iraq. I plan to ship a cake to him, nothing fancy....just a one-layer cake, vacuum sealed, with a jar of frosting on the side.
Now, I had a quick thought....Would it be possible for me to cover the cake in fondant and THEN vacuum-seal it?? Would that work? Is it even logical????

What do you think?

2 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 8:13am
post #2 of 3

that is so sweet of you! but, I don't think the fondant would be a good idea. Temperatures in Iraq can get up to 135 Fahrenheit and that is with a lot of humidty. The fondant may not be too appetizing after that.

also, from recent experience flying with some frosting in my luggage icon_lol.gif with the altitude change it will cause the frosting to expand. I'm not sure if the altitude change will effect the baked cake as well?? icon_redface.gif i feel bad thinking of all these problems when this is such a sweet thing to do

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 8:32am
post #3 of 3

haha! Thanks! Don't feel bad, that's good info.

Yea, I didn't think the fondant idea would go over too well....the idea just *popped* into my head. I plan on sending a can of store bought frosting.

If I don't try, I won't know! So, We'll see what happens???.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%