I Hope Someone Has The Answer - Tonite!

Decorating By SugaredUp Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 1:42pm by SugaredUp

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:33am
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone!

I'm making a cone shaped cake - it's for a wedding tomorrow. Actually, I was done with it. But then I went and took a peak at it to make sure all was well, and it was - or so I thought. When I looked at the back of the cone, I realized all the icing slid off and the pretty gumpaste flowers were kind of sitting in a yucky icing puddle. It's about 12" high - about 4" of it are styrofoam. I cut the tip off a styrofoam cone and put that on top.

As far as doweling, I think I'm ok. I doweled every 4 layers of cake (torted layers) and one center dowel through the whole thing.

On another cake today, I had a horrible time w/ my fondant also (getting wet & gummy). I had to scrape it off of the cake 3 times and redo!

Do you think my cake was too cold when I iced it? Maybe that's what happened on the fondant cake, also? Should I try scraping it off and redoing it, or will it happen again? Fridge or no fridge!?

Since the cone has gumpaste decorations on it, I was trying not to refrigerate. Is it possible to refrigerate gumpaste or is that bad?

TIA!

4 replies
SugaredUp Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 7:18am
post #2 of 5

I think I figured it out. I'm not using my regular butter cream because this bride wanted coconut cream filling instead as a frosting. GEEZ This bites!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 7:30am
post #3 of 5

Well, at least you figured it out.

Good luck. icon_smile.gif

maisyone2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisyone2 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 4:17am
post #4 of 5

Would be interested in seeing a picture of this cake. Please post.

Thank you.

SugaredUp Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 5

I don't have a pic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%