How Do I Get Into The Industry??

Decorating By krystelcake Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 5:52am by Curtsmin24

krystelcake Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:16am
post #1 of 3

OK everyone I need advice.. I would love to decorate for a living. I have been making cakes for family and everyone raves about them. I have a nack for decorating and have taken the wilton classes. I live in Texas and can't do it legally out of my home, so i have turned down alot of possible cakes for myself . I cannot afford to start my own shop, so here is were I need all the advice I can get. How do I get my foot in the door so that I can work and learn form others.. PLEASE I really want to do this for the rest of my years HELP PLEASE, any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

2 replies
baycheeks1 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:39am
post #2 of 3

I live in Texas also, and I feel your pain as far as not being able to legaly do it from home...but still do cakes like practicing on can apply to different bakeries too...I know some of the bakers on here could probably tell you a lil better than I, but got to a bakery, apply, and all they can tell you is no...

Curtsmin24 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:52am
post #3 of 3

volunteering is your best option. I applied at several bakeries in my area and they needed the extra help but "couldn't afford to pay someone else" so I volunteered and learned a lot and am now working in a local bakery part time. Good luck!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%