I Don't Wanna Do It!

Decorating By poohsmomma Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 1:16am by poohsmomma

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 4

Do you ever have that cake you just can't get pumped up to do?

I'm sitting at the computer typing this post because I don't want to work on a cake. I've put it off all week and it has to finished tomorrow. The design proposed by my friend doesn't really interest me. I don't like the colors. And then after I baked enough cake for two tiers, she changed it to one, which messed up the design I had managed to come up with....

I'm being really whiny and childish....but I don't wanna do it!

CC friends-give me strength!

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 4

I know what you mean!

Two weeks ago I had to do a cake for someone who I really couldn't say no to, for various reasons. It wasn't a design that I wanted to do and it wasn't a weekend when I wanted to do a cake. But it turned out all right.

Anyhow, the sooner you get it over with, the sooner your weekend starts and you get to do things you are interested in!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 4

Plus, once you get past the buttercreaming or fondanting and start actually decorating, you know you're going to have fun ... and just because you're you, you know the design is actually going to look way better than what you have imagined so far icon_wink.gif.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:16am
post #4 of 4

I knew someone on here would say just what I needed to hear. Thanks "Rose" and "emiyeric" for putting things into perspective.

BTW, I've crumb coated, made a FBCT, and cut out some patterns for some fondant cut-outs. I'll finish it in the morning.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%