Is Nfsc Supposed To Be A Hard Or Soft Cookie?

Baking By emlashlee Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 8:52pm by emlashlee

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 4

Made NFSC fish today for a red fish/blue fish Seuss theme. This is my first time making them and not sure I did it right. I pulled them out of the oven as I began to see the faintest hint of light brown on the edge of the cookie. I tried one after it cooled and it seemed hard on the outside and just a bit soft on the inside. Is that right? I need to ice these with royal icing and am afraid to leave them out all night to dry. Will they get too hard? Or, is that just kind of expected for an iced cookie like that? Thanks for your help!

3 replies
ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 4

Looks like you did it right. It should be harder on top, but soft inside. When I glazed my cookies, I left them out all day, no problem. Not to worry. thumbs_up.gif

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 4

Yes - sounds right. If rolled out by the directions it has a bit of a snap when you bite it but is soft, however, if you roll it out thicker then it is a soft cookie. I've done both (mostly by accident). Keep up the good work!

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 4

Whew! (Sigh of relief.) Thanks for your help. I'll just keep truckin' on then. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%