Sugar Shack Dvd's

Decorating By SweetDreams Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 2:43pm by grandmom

SweetDreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 17

I am so excited, I just ordered her Buttercream, Fondant, Bows & Boxes & Topsy Turvy cake dvd's. I was like a kid in a candy store looking at her dvd's. I can't wait to get them. Her cakes are SO beautiful!!!

Has anyone else watched her dvd's?

I figured that for me to learn new techniques (and the correct techniques), that putting the money out for the dvd's is just like taking classes but better because I get to watch them over and over. Around where I live, there are no extensive classes like what she offers, just basic wilton classes. If I were to travel to Chicago or elsewhere, it would cost me much more in time and $$.

16 replies
Tika35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tika35 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 17

I have only seen the previews on You Tube and was anxious to get the DVD's as well. My problem was...Patience! I called a bakery supply to see if they carried them, they did not but the lady suggested that I call the library. I am waiting on all 4 of her DVD's now to be shipped from another library so that I can view them and decide which ones I want to purchase.

SweetDreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 17

Tika35,

If you go to her website, I think it is sugarshackproductions.com
and click on which video you are looking at, there is a list of what each dvd covers as well as a little snippit of the actual dvd.

Liz23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz23 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 17

I have her Buttercream and Fondant DVDs and I felt that I learned so much from both of them that they were well worth the money. I even took a few notes as I was watching them so as not to forget the most important points.

Tika35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tika35 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 17

Thanks, SweetDreams! I'll check that out.

MissCathcart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCathcart Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 17

I've seen her Buttercream DVD, that I borrowed from my local library. She's a perfectionist, obviously.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:44pm
post #7 of 17

I have ALL of her DVD's and they are fabulous! Sharon is great at what she does and her DVD's are easy to follow and she shows you how to do everything...step-by-step! Her BC and her fondant are flawless and she has many great hints and ideas on how to achieve this and shares these things in her DVD's. Plus she has a geat sense of humor and her DVD's are very enjoyable!

Love, Love, Love Sharon/SugarShack!!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:48pm
post #8 of 17

What exactly are the DVD's called, so i can check my local library and see if they have them? Thanks.

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:49pm
post #9 of 17

After watching the Fondant DVD - covering cakes has gone from a nightmare to a breeze (well, almost). Best purchase I've made in a LONG time!!!

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:54pm
post #10 of 17

Sugarshack rocks! I have all her DVDs shipped to me in the UK and it's the best investment I've ever made.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:58pm
post #11 of 17

I have them and give them all 5 stars! Very well done, easy to follow and great information! Sharon has such a great personality. She makes the learning process intresting and fun to watch! I'm hoping to someday be able to take one or more of her classes!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 10:21pm
post #12 of 17

I own her entire set of DVD's and they are all worth every penny. Her website is www.sugaredproductions.com - and she is a sweetheart.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 8:35am
post #13 of 17

icon_smile.gif

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:50am
post #14 of 17

I also have all of Sharons DVD's. She cant bring them out fast enough for me.

I have been decorating for years and I learn something new each time I buy one.

Plus I love the fact that any questions you havem she emails back asap. I have also brought most of her tools (I am a cake tool junkie)

And I love the fact that my little boy will happily pass up his animal documentries for Sharons Cake DVD's. He sits there asking for 'happy birday ddd'. (4 year old autistic)

We love you Sharon (and I responded to the poll)

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:43pm
post #15 of 17

WHAT POLL? What did I miss?

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:54pm
post #16 of 17

I too just ordered her Bows and Boxes. Can't wait to receive them!!! I have heard so much about her videos and have finally started ordering them. Should arrive today or tomorrow!! Yippy!!

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 2:43pm
post #17 of 17

I have them all, watched them all, learned a bunch... not just what to do and how, but with which tools. The lady knows her stuff.

I ordered about 95% of the tools she recommends. The one she uses constantly is this teeny little palette knife. When it came in, it was even teenier than it looked onscreen. I thought to myself, "How can that little thing be useful??" I now can not live without it. I need to get another one as backup!

Point is, if you don't spend a nickel on anything else, get these DVDs. Then an Agbay. All worth their weight in gold. And that Agbay is HEAVY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%