Would You Do This As A Business Or In Your Business?

Business By GL79 Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 5:43pm by megmarie

GL79 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,
I was just curious about this and wanted to know everyone's opinion.
I made a birthday cake for my sister. It was an 8x8 frosted in white buttercream, with a black fondant ribbon on the bottom and a cloth black bow on the bottom corner. I piped a scroll on top corner and on the front side corner as well with black icing. Boxed it and dropped off at a flower shop early in the morning and they had it delivered along with a flower arrangement to her workplace. I just saw a white round cake that was just uploaded a few min ago, with red roses on top and a red ribbon on bottom here on cc, sorry didn't get the name. And I just thought if it would be a good idea to start a business where they delivered a nice simple cake with a flower arrangement just like the one I made for my sister or like the one I say here on cc. Do any of you guys know of any place that does this? Thanks for your input

3 replies
GL79 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 4

Ok the white cake with red roses was done by newcakemommy0402 which I thought was a nice simple elegant cake.

LaBellaFlor Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 4

The cupcake shop in my town offers flowers with their cupcakes, but they don't deliver. I don't know how well they do on the flower part, but they make a killing on the cupcakes.

megmarie Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 4

Maybe a partnership would be a better idea....unless you want to stock flowers, learn how to arrange them, deal with ruined stock, etc (or hire someone to do that). Cute idea though!! Talk to your local florists!

Quote by @%username% on %date%