Im Drawing A Blank...

Decorating By SJ169 Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 4:14am by patticakesnc

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 6

I just got an order for a sweet 16 cake. The girl has seen cake boss and loves his sweet 16 cake he did ( the one that dropped) ...anyway i way been talking to the mother and we have decided on a three tiered square cake. I think i am okay with the design for the top two tiers but i am a little stuck on the bottom. This girl plays hockey and her mom reallys wants me to incorporate hockey and the schools that she might be going to for hockey.

So here are the school colors...
MEIâs colors at the Senior high are dark blue and yellow. Both the U.S. colleges are Green, White and Black and Oswego has yellow in it as well.

I am not sure how to incorporate three school's and hockey into the bottom tier of the cake...

Please help !

Thanks soooooo much in advance!!!

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #2 of 6

Striped hockey sticks in the schools' colors?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:22am
post #3 of 6

Hockey jerseys in the colors with #16?

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:48am
post #4 of 6

both of those are really good ideas, sorry I don't have any of my own, good luck though!

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 4:03am
post #5 of 6

Maybe you could have the school's initials on flying hockey pucks with the school's colors being the "stream" of air showing it's airborne.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 4:14am
post #6 of 6

How about color blocking? If I am reading it right you have 4 things to incorporate into the bottom tier. Do it in color blocking (something on each side of the cake.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%