Help!! How Can I Fix My Batch Of Runny Mmf?

Decorating By CakeItGood Updated 24 Aug 2005 , 5:33am by CakeItGood

CakeItGood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeItGood Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 12:16am
post #1 of 5

I must have measured the sugar wrong, or added too many tablespoons of water ... my MMF is just not firm enough. It is very gooey! Is it possible to knead in powdered sugar or cornstarch to fix this ... or will that not fix it? Should I just dump the whole mess and start again?

Hope this hasn't been asked before, I checked but didn't see anything. Thank you!

Jen icon_cry.gif

edited to add: Made this MMF this morning, it has had all day to firm up a bit. Placed it in a ziploc gallon bag instead of saran wrap.

4 replies
Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 12:19am
post #2 of 5

I haven't made MMF often, but I would probably add more powdered sugar...I hope you can fix it...let us know

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 12:38am
post #3 of 5

Definately, more powdered sugar will do the trick.

Debbi

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 12:52am
post #4 of 5

Add more confectioner's sugar and that should fix you right up icon_smile.gif

CakeItGood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeItGood Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 5:33am
post #5 of 5

Thank you for your responses! Tried the powdered sugar and it worked great - not a problem. Made my first fondant roses tonight! Will try to post pics tomorrow.

Realized tonight that time is creeping up on me, this cake (which I am decorating in a hotel room) is due Saturday night and I might have to start baking tomorrow rather than Thursday morning. Still have to make 3 dozen fondant roses ..... bake & wrap all 3 tiers well for travel ... prepare 6 batches of buttercream ....pack myself, the kids, DH and all my cake dec stuff for staying 4 days in a hotel ... etc. Oh yes, and squeeze all this in between the kid's school and dance classes. AAAAACK!

How am I going to sleep tonight?? I need to take some deep breaths!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%