Royal Icing Questions, And Fondant Questions!!!

Decorating By XjoreXcoreX Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 3:47pm by Shelly4481

XjoreXcoreX Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 2

Someone PLEASE help me! I have a big birthday party to plan for my 3 year old niece. She wants a Hello Kitty cake that's really simple, I just want everything to be perfect!

I wanted to make a royal icing tiara, I have the idea, I just need the recipe!

Also, whenever I put my cake on my serving tray (usually a cardboard cutout), the fondant or icing seems to put a lot of grease on the platform. I usually make marshmallow fondant myself, but just wondering if there was a brand that I can buy at a place like Hobby Lobby or Michael's Craft store. I would want a bigger bundle of fondant that I could save. I've seen them on Global Sugar, but I'm scared if I get a 10 lb bucket, it will dry out!
Someone please help! The birthday is on Sept 23rd

1 reply
Shelly4481 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 2

There are alot of good recipes on this site for RI, do a search under the recipes. I would cover your cardboard with a piece of freezer paper (shiney side up), that is what I use on my boards. I think the only kind of fondant you can buy at michaels or hobby lobby is the yucky wilton brand. At least around here you can't buy another brand. Have to order on line to get the good stuff. if you do buy the 10 gal bucket it should keep if it is sealed well. Hope I helped with a few questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%