Wedding Cake Help

Baking By rbrunkhart Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 6:42pm by G_Cakes

rbrunkhart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rbrunkhart Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 4

I am making my first wedding cake and need some help. It will be feeding about 20 people. I want to cover the cake in fondant and need a good recipe, along with a good iceing recipe.

3 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 4

you need a good cake recipe? fondant recipe? Not sure.

If you need a good cake recipe... the white almond sour cream on this site is by far the most made cake talked about on this site. It is my most requested cake.. sturdy, moist and tastes yummy !! It is better the second day than the first too!! It is also referred to on this site as "WASC" if you see that. Go to the recipe section under cake mixes.. it will be there.

If you are wanting to make fondant from scratch, I think a lot of people here make the MMF.. marshmallow fondant. It is in the recipe section also, under fondant, gumpaste, ...etc... I have not had luck with it but most people have.. I use another recipe..

rbrunkhart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rbrunkhart Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks. I think that WASC recipe will be perfect. I also am looking for a good recipe for iceing, b/c the butter cream one I use from wiltion I think just might not hold.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 4

if you want a great recipe for buttercream (you can add any flavor to it) I would recommend one of these 2:

Indydebbie (you can find her recipe right here on CC under the recipe section) it tastes great and holds up to heat very well so no melting icon_smile.gif

I also use Edna's (also a CC member) BC recipe and you can find that on her web site under the recipes:

www.designmeacake.com

Either one will work very well and Edna also offers tutorials on you tube that you can watch and learn (great videos and very insightful)

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%