Wizards Of Waverly Place Cake Ideas?

Decorating By mnwalters Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 7:18pm by mnwalters

mnwalters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnwalters Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 11

HELP! I have to do a Wizards Of Waverly Place themed cake for a birthday party. I actually watch the show all the time with my daughter, but I'm still coming up with nothing!!! The only things I can think of are wizard hats or maybe a topsy turvy cake to go with the whimsical theme of the show. I've never done a topsy turvy, though, so it scares me a little. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

10 replies
enslo00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enslo00 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 11

I just did a Wizrds of Waverly place cake. I too was stumped on what to do. I ended up doing 24 wizard hat cupcakes and then I did a 3 tier cake. A square was the base then a star, the top was a 6" round. I made a ton of stars out of fondant and put them on wires all over the cake. I used purple,green and pink with black accents but wished I would of did a teal instead of the pink. I was going to do a wizard hat as the topper from rice krispies or just a dummy cake but had a family emergency so had to simplify it a bit. It turned out cute and my friend was happy so.... I was happy... Good luck

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 11

Hi,
I have never done one, but I watch the show sometimes, so here goes nothing. I really like the idea of the stars on wires, that always ties into a theme like that. Also, you could watch the show and take some elements from the things in their house and make them with fondant/gumpaste. Maybe a wand and wizard hat topper, you could try to make the children as fondant figures, maybe do some gumpaste plaques with edible images of them or the name of the show on top sticking out with wire (if the edible image is an option). Don't they own a Deli or Sandwich Shop or something? Maybe you could incorporate something with that theme in mind. I don't really know either, but I thought I would at least try to help. I am sure it will be really awesome whatever you decide. Good Luck, and have fun!!!!

Ashley

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 11

The PP had some good ideas! I really like the idea of incorporating the sandwich shop with a wand. I was thinking a lot about the wand.

If you saw the recent movie maybe there is something you can use from that. The gargoyle head or the book of spells.

Sounds like a fun cake to be creative with! icon_smile.gif

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 11

you can do a street sign with the name on it like on the t.v. show...
topsy turvy is a great idea!
icon_smile.gif Jodi

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelycharmed

you can do a street sign with the name on it like on the t.v. show...
topsy turvy is a great idea!
icon_smile.gif Jodi

I really like th idea of the street sign. That would be a really cute topper for a topsy turvy.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 11

If you go with the movie inspiration you can incorporate the magic bag that get on Alex' head, just do an upside down bag with feet, also the magic crystal they're looking for, the bird, wands and stars, ruins, etc, you can do it on a tropical cake with flowers and vegetation, the same set up as the movie. Topsy turvy will be great! HTH

mnwalters Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 11

Thank you everybody!!! I love some of these ideas! Especially the street sign and stars on wires idea. I haven't seen the movie, but I have it recorded so im gonna watch it tonight and see about pulling the elements you are talking about from it Miny. THANKS AGAIN!!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 5:28pm
post #9 of 11

I was thinking of the wand too and the family's book of spells, maybe the magic carpet? How about a book cake and the wand?

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 6:00pm
post #10 of 11

You are welcome mnwalters, and by the way welcome to the forums! Let us know if you need any help and don't forget to post your pic when done icon_smile.gif

mnwalters Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 7:18pm
post #11 of 11

Will do! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%