Decorating By luvbugcreations Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 4:21pm by ninatat

luvbugcreations Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 4

I was just wondering I have fibromyalgia and have been thinking of a way to make it easier for me to decorate cakes and cookies is easier on my hands. The real problem I have is wtih fondant and gumpaste rolling it out I know they make a sheeter way out of my budget but was wondering if you have an idea where do you go with it? Any help would be appreciated.

3 replies
Caths_Cakes Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 4

I cant remeber where i saw it, But it was a rolling pin, with vertical handles. if that makes sense, il try and find the link for you, i only saw it yesterday icon_smile.gif x

brikl Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 4

What about using a pasta roller? I haven't used one, so I can't say for certain, but it might help. I know what you mean about the sore hands! I'd think using a rolling pin with handles that stay stationary rather than the stick sort would help.

Caths_Cakes--someone gave me one of those rolling pins with the vertical handles and after trying it, I threw it out! I found it impossible to apply any pressure. Maybe it's just me, but I think that "tool" is just a gimmick!

ninatat Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 4

i just bought a pasta roll on line at jo-anns, got it for $16.00 shipping was only 2.95, my total was 16.36 i couldn't pass it up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%