Cutters For Sunflowers

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 7:41pm by KimAZ

mindy1204 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:14am
post #1 of 6

I am fairly new to caking and now that the Wilton classes are done I want to focus on gumpaste flowers. I love sunflowers and want to practice those next. What cutter do you all suggest. I am placing an order today so I wanted to order it.

5 replies
rainbow_kisses Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:37am
post #2 of 6

i use a gerbera/ sunflower cutter and a large daisy centre mold. my cutters are made by PME but i am in the Uk so not sure if you get them in US.

memakim Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 6

Wow! I'm making sunflowers this morning for two cakes this weekend. I'm going to use my Wilton daisy cutter, there not as big as I would like but I have no choice. I'm going to make two size. I live in Ks the sunflower state and we have sunflowers everywhere, so I've been looking at all of them getting ideals. Have fun making sunflowers.

dutchy1971 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 6

A and H supplies has PME sunflower/gerber daisy cutters. I have them and love them. They have 5 sizes, I also have the center mould with has various size centers. Someone directed me to a tutorial about making centers by pressing a ball of fondant up against a sieve to give it the impression.

rainbow_kisses Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 6

the sieve idea is a great one if you dont have the centre mold icon_smile.gif

KimAZ Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 6

I just use the Wilton Daisy cutters too. Make the center big and brown so it looks more like a sunflower. I use tip #233 ( the grass tip) to make the impressions in the center.

Quote by @%username% on %date%