Should I Increase The Length Of Ribbon For Each Tier?urgent!

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 12:46pm by PinkZiab

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 7:10am
post #1 of 3

I tried to stick a long fondant strip /ribbon around the first tier of my wedding cake last night and stick the broach on the centre of the join but I wasn't successfull. Made up my mind to do it another way. Decided to make the ribbon about 1-2 inches long on each side of the broach which also creates a nice effect (the ribbon ends with a little pinch.) But I have a dilema, should I make each ribbon to be the same length on each tier OR should I increase the length by 1" as I go down the tiers? The first option would create symetry, the second may create the illusion of it looking taller. Which would you choose?

2 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 7:42am
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCakeCrazy

I tried to stick a long fondant strip /ribbon around the first tier of my wedding cake last night and stick the broach on the centre of the join but I wasn't successfull. Made up my mind to do it another way. Decided to make the ribbon about 1-2 inches long on each side of the broach which also creates a nice effect (the ribbon ends with a little pinch.) That sounds nice - and chic

But I have a dilema, should I make each ribbon to be the same length on each tier OR should I increase the length by 1" as I go down the tiers?
Depends how *busy* the cake is with other decorations - IMO.
Sometimes toooo much can detract from the cake itself - IYKWIM

The first option would create symetry, True -
the second may create the illusion of it looking taller. Not always -
Which would you choose? Me, i would choose the first option - for the reason you stated... thumbs_up.gif
We have the saying - sometimes you can't see the forrest for the trees -because there is too much *in your face*, so i think option one sounds perfect.
Look forward to seeing a picture of the cake once completed MissCakeCrazy - icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Bluehue

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:46pm
post #3 of 3

I realize I'm a little late to this question, but I think the increasing length of the ribbon with each tier would look great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%