How To Support A Rkt Seuss Hat On Top Of Cake?

Decorating By emlashlee Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 3:44am by emlashlee

emlashlee Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:08am
post #1 of 8

This is my first time using RKT and could really use some advice on how to support it. The cake is an 8" chocolate cake (decorated with BC trees from "The Lorax") with a fondant-covered Cat in the Hat hat made with RKT on top. How do I support the weight of the hat and keep it together on top of the cake? Thanks SO much!!! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Molly2 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:33am
post #2 of 8

I make a lot of cakes with RKT as toppers I always use a cake round under my shape with a little frosting as the glue between my shape and the board and then I put a dowel though the shape and cake it seems to work.

emlashlee Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks, Molly, for the advice. I was so worried that it would take a lot of extra work after I read a thread about "melting" RKT and the exploding Elmo head. I'm really trying to avoid that happening to me, too! icon_smile.gif

ONE more early can you put the RKT figure on top of the cake?

Molly2 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 8

I usually decorate my cakes the night before and thatâs when I put my RKT figure on top if you look in my picks I have several cakes that I use RKT figures on top, the cowboy boots are RKT covered in fondant and the baby bassinet and many more the UT Stadium have RKT figures on it I make my own RKT and after I make them I place them in a zip lock bag and reheat the in the microwave it makes them stiffer and helps keep their shape
Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

emlashlee Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:48am
post #5 of 8

Thanks a lot! Great pics - love your work. icon_smile.gif

emlashlee Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 1:59am
post #6 of 8

Here is the link to the finished cake - thanks for the advice! icon_smile.gif

Molly2 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 3:30am
post #7 of 8

Very Cute you did a great job I love your cake

Molly thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

emlashlee Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 3:44am
post #8 of 8

Thanks a lot. icon_biggrin.gif I'm still learning and this was the best one I've done so far. I learned a lot from doing it, and the cookies for the first time too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%