New At Cupcakes With Q's

Baking By CakeJediChic Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 4:05am by evie114

CakeJediChic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeJediChic Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:30am
post #1 of 4

Ok so im doing 25 cupcakes for a friends sons bday tomarrow, she wants white cupcakes with buttercream swirls. Im having a hard time finding how much batter i need for the 25 cupcakes, and how much buttercream to ice them. They are just going to be one simple swirl (not the one on the other tall swirl) and im going to use Sugarshacks BC since I already have some made up. Also, any suggestions on a good white recipe? Thanks guys!

3 replies
evie114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evie114 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:47am
post #2 of 4

Most cake recipes that will fill 2 8" or 9 " rounds will make 24-28 cupcakes. When I ice my cupcakes with the Wilton 1M tip, I use 2 cups of icing per 24 cupcakes. as far as a recipe, the recipe section of this site is filled with some really awesome recipes. the WASC cake seems to be the most popular. Happy baking!

CakeJediChic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeJediChic Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:06am
post #3 of 4

so would it be a recipe that does just one layer of 8 or 9"? or that does double layer? so the WASC will still be white cake if i use a white box mix right? thanks!

evie114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evie114 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:05am
post #4 of 4

To get 24-28 cupcakes you will have to have a mix that makes a double layer cake. The WASC cake w/a white box mix will be light, but if it calls for whole eggs and regular vanilla, it won't be white/white. You would have to use egg whites and clear vanilla to keep it real white. Hope it all works out for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%