Show Me Your Design Studio

Business By Godiva Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 11:39am by Niquie

Godiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godiva Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:19am
post #1 of 11

I am in the process of setting up/fixing up my studio and am stuck with the table now. I've found several good used ones on Craigslist, but most are 30" high. (Stainless steel) It seems to be high enough to roll out fondant comfortable and sit to decorate.

What about set up? I'm thinking of having drawers for my cutters and molds and others for gumpaste flowers.

Would you please share pictures of your setup?

Thanks!

10 replies
IsaSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaSW Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 11

I will, at soon as I get home. I have to take pictures, I have added more stuff since I converted the guest bedroom into my workshop.
I use the 6" folding tables I use for the bridal shows. I have desk, and the fondant gets done in the kitchen, so it's the countertop. I hang up in the walls what I use for the shows.

Will get back to you soon.
Got more of my shelf and containers from IKEA.

IsaSW Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 11

It first started a year ago as my craft room/guest room.
That was when my cake stuff was just a hobby.
Now that it became a business, my poor daughter doesn't have a corner anymore, and when somebody visits they get to share my daughter's bedroom.
It is wonderful to have a room where I leave my work, close the door and the next day, its there, exactly where I left it.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

Godiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godiva Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks for sharing...I have a view or idea of what I would want, but don't have quite the room for it yet. I'm trying to get my DH to give up a private room for my cake stuff...otherwise, I would take over the living room, set it up like the Cake Girls studio and then the other half would be divided by furniture or by panel dividers for my design area.

Can't wait...How tall is your folding table/surface where you roll fondant?

IsaSW Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 12:56am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva

Thanks for sharing...I have a view or idea of what I would want, but don't have quite the room for it yet. I'm trying to get my DH to give up a private room for my cake stuff...otherwise, I would take over the living room, set it up like the Cake Girls studio and then the other half would be divided by furniture or by panel dividers for my design area.

Can't wait...How tall is your folding table/surface where you roll fondant?

It's 3', I believe it's the standard for kitchen countertops.

I hope your husband gives up his private room. My husband didn't want to share the basement at the beginning, and that is the only room, where we could place a 2nd refrigerator.
After seeing the first checks coming in. He gladly gave me a corner. We just placed it there last week.
He said: "maybe with the cake $$$ we can move into a bigger house". I hope so too.
Share your pictures when you are done.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 2:07am
post #6 of 11

Isa - it's nice to see pictures of how everyone makes it work! Thanks for sharing!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 6:58am
post #7 of 11

messyshop after a busy saturday...looks like a bomb exploded.....on the right there is the 3 bay sink and hand sink...

on the left is a long stainless steel table with cake colors and airbrush...and the 30 qt mixer is next to that....i guess i wasn't thinking about getting everything in when i took this,,,duh....i got another pic from the other side, maybe it shows more....

littlecake Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 7:04am
post #8 of 11

well this doesn't help much...this is the front counter....glass cases on both sides of it

thru that back door is a big storage room, and the kitchen is beyond that with the oven and double stainless freezer and fridge is back there....

littlecake Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 7:14am
post #9 of 11

i put that door up....and made the trim and shutters and sign and stuff....

this pic is old look at the old school cakes in the window...lol

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 10:08am
post #10 of 11

So happy for you guys to have your own businesses ... so jealous though!

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 11:39am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmom

So happy for you guys to have your own businesses ... so jealous though!

I totally agree!!! I love your shops, and hopefully one day I'll be good enough to actually own my own business, whether it be in home or having a seperate shop. I am jealous too icon_lol.gif , but congrats to everyone on your businesses, you guys are truly and inspiration!!!!

Ashley

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%