Can You Freeze Decorated Cookies?

Baking By jenlane Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 1:17am by pattycakesnj

jenlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlane Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:48am
post #1 of 4

i have a table at the local trade show and would like to make some cookie bouquets and cookie lollipops for kids and would like to do them in advance can i freeze them or will the icing get all funny? if not, how long will they stay fresh if there individually wrapped? thanks in advance!!

3 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:01am
post #2 of 4

Yes. I use NFSC and royal icing. I have frozen cookie bouquets-each cookie wrapped individually- for a couple weeks before I needed them. Or for longer storage you can put the cookies in a tupperware container in the freezer for up to 3months. When ready to put in bouquets, just take out of freezer and let thaw on counter in unopened container.
Oh, forgot to say, I usually have my cookies baked, decorated and wrapped in 2days 3 for complex designs. I tell people fresh for up to 2 weeks, but have had people tell me they were too pretty to eat so it was weeks later when they finally did and they were still fresh.

backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:04am
post #3 of 4

If youopt not to freeze them they will stay fresh for approx 5-7 days. icon_smile.gif

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:17am
post #4 of 4

I don't freeze them decorated, I think they lose something but my friends have frozen my cookies and eaten them months later with good results. That said, decorated and wrapped, they will be good for 2 weeks, though I tell people 1 week to be on the safe side of freshness.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%