Omg Best Fondant Day In Forever!!

Decorating By Darthburn Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 8:21pm by kikifish

Darthburn Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:19am
post #1 of 8

So I just wanted to share with you all... about a week or so ago I asked for help with lumps in my MMF. Today I made my first batch of Chocolate MMF ever and it turned out awesome!!

I put my powdered sugar in a bowl and beat it around with a wisk until the MM were ready, added my chocolate and cocoa, poured in the MM and let it sit until it was cooler. Put on my shortening (hands) and went to town. Not 1 sugar lump! I was so proud!

It mixed up great, rolled great, covered great... I wish I knew exactly what I did. I guess I'll repeat everything next time, from cooking the MM longer to using cornstarch to roll it. icon_smile.gif

Thank you all for your tips!

7 replies
cylstrial Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #2 of 8

Yeah!! I'm glad that you figured it out!!

donkeemom Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:36am
post #3 of 8

Yay......good job!

HarleyDee Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 8

Awesome, thanks for letting us know icon_biggrin.gif

DebBTX Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 8

It just feels great when things go right.
May you have many more happy fondant days. icon_biggrin.gif

-Debbie B.

mjk350 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthburn

So I just wanted to share with you all... about a week or so ago I asked for help with lumps in my MMF. Today I made my first batch of Chocolate MMF ever and it turned out awesome!!

I put my powdered sugar in a bowl and beat it around with a wisk until the MM were ready, added my chocolate and cocoa, poured in the MM and let it sit until it was cooler. Put on my shortening (hands) and went to town. Not 1 sugar lump! I was so proud!

It mixed up great, rolled great, covered great... I wish I knew exactly what I did. I guess I'll repeat everything next time, from cooking the MM longer to using cornstarch to roll it. icon_smile.gif

Is the recipe on CC for Chocolate MMF? icon_smile.gif

MrsNancyB1 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthburn

Is the recipe on CC for Chocolate MMF? icon_smile.gif

I would also like to know which recipe you used. Would you please share it with us? icon_smile.gif

kikifish Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 8

Oh wow! I am going to try it your way.. I mixed it in the same bowl that I heated them in. I am going to try it your way for the next batch.

congrats and thank you for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%