Pricing Cupcake Bouquets

Baking By revskg Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 1:06am by mixinvixen

revskg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revskg Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 5

For those of you who do cupcake bouquets: How do you price them? I am thinking about offering 2 sizes with regular size cupcakes, and maybe one with mini cupcakes. I made one as a gift for a friend and had a ton of people interested in ordering them. Thanks for your help.

4 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 5

WHen I saw the subject all I could think was "Charge more than you think". It depends on how many cupcakes per bouquet and the size of the pot. The pot, styrofoam ball and ribbon start adding up pretty quick so make sure you include that plus the price of your cupcakes. I prefer doing the minis because the large ones seem to fall off more for me ..and I can fit quite a few minis on a 4 inch or 6 inch ball. I did a 6 inch pot with tons of little minis..with the rosette and charged $25 for the pot. Also if you're only making one bouquet realize you are going to have left over cupcakes. An average recipe makes 24 cupcakes so if you can only fit 14 cupcakes on the bouquet you have 10 cuppies to find a home for. If you do a ton of business no worries but if you only do this part time that's a significant loss..so price accordingly.

mom32008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom32008 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:17am
post #3 of 5

that is right it all adds up and depends on the number of cupcakes as a rule the more you order the better deal you get from me!! lol mine go for about 30 for the mini's and 40 for the large. here is a picture of my bouquets
LL

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:43am
post #4 of 5

Great cupcake bouquet Mom32008!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:06am
post #5 of 5

i start at $45 for 6 or 7 regular sized cupcakes, delivered in local area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%