Need Design Help For Man Turning 100!!!

Decorating By still_learning Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 3:37am by MissCathcart

still_learning Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 4

Here's some background... doing the cake for a friend. She and I aren't super close but it will still be a freebie - sigh... I'm thinking I'd like to do something simple that won't take me forever. I am really slow and every single cake I make takes way more time than I expect (mostly because I'm a little bit of a perfectionist). I don't want to get no sleep over this one - here's to hoping! They will be picking up the cake so I won't be there to set up and fix any last minute things. Would you guys recommend fondant because it's less likely to get damaged? Thanks!

3 replies
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:14am
post #2 of 4

What about a simple "This Is Your Life" cake. Big enough to feed everyone, and get some pics of his life put onto fondant and place them like a photo album or scrap book.

Don't have access to an edible image printer? Some grocery stores that offer them on cakes will print for you. OR Print them onto card stock, laminate or cover in Saran Wrap, and put on the cake with 'corner' tags. (Put some Saran under the laminate.)

HTH

madgeowens Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:28am
post #3 of 4

Simply the numbers 100 out of cake sitting on top of a sheet cake...........would be cool

MissCathcart Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:37am
post #4 of 4

Go to Google Images, and type in 1909 in the search box. You might get a few ideas that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%