Covering Cake Balls

Decorating By HeavenlyDelights Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 9:16pm by baycheeks1

HeavenlyDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeavenlyDelights Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 2

ok i found how to do cake balls on this website, however I have had a hard time getting the chocolate smooth. Two questions, using wilton candy melts, can I add heavy cream to make it pourable (for lack of a better word)? or are their other suggestions? I have frozen the cake balls and dipped them but they still warm up and leave crumbs. If I use a decorating bag I don't get a smooth finish. HELP!!!

1 reply
baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 2

You should make a double boiler to melt the candy in. I'm not sure how you are melting it though. I dont add anything to the melted candy, I think it messes with the affect of it drying properly...

What I do...
1. Make sure that your CB are nice and rolled like no crumbs or dry pieces of cake sticking out one side...refrigerate or freeze for long enough that they wont fall apart. (I try to keep some in the fridge, that way when they are needed I just grab some)

2. Melt the candy melts in the double boiler, make sure that your water isnt boiling just hot enought to keep the candy liquid.

3. There are candy dipping tools, but I use hard pastic forks. Break the two teeth in the middle and have another or butter knife to get them on the parchment paper...Have those ready to go

4. Take your cakeballs and drop them in one at a time, use a smaller spatula to help turn then in the candy to coat all sides. Use the candy tool or fork and scoop it up...remove with whatever you have to take them off. And let them set up.

I think I answered the question...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%