My Dh Just Brought Home A Somerset Sheeter For My Birthday.

Decorating By mysonbronson Updated 25 Oct 2009 , 1:18pm by JenniferMI

luvbugcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbugcreations Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:47am
post #31 of 58

hi

LUCKY YOU I have fibromyalgia and rolling things does a number on my hands. I used to used satin ice fondant until today that is I made for the first time ever mmf I got the how to under the article sections here let me tell you easy easy easy and very inexpensive It cost less than $3 to make 3 pounds. I will never buy fondant again best thing is you can flavor this any flavor you want. Yummy.

Have fun with your new toy. I would be making everything cookies fondant covered anything.

Kerri

mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:58am
post #32 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbugcreations

hi

LUCKY YOU I have fibromyalgia and rolling things does a number on my hands. I used to used fondant until today that is I made for the first time ever mmf I got the how to under the article sections here let me tell you easy easy easy and very inexpensive It cost less than $3 to make 3 pounds. I will never buy fondant again best thing is you can flavor this any flavor you want. Yummy.

Have fun with your new toy. I would be making everything cookies fondant covered anything.

Kerri

Thanks Kerri,

That's how I feel, I will do fondant on everything cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and it will also help when I'm making gumpaste figures. I have never made MMF but have read alot about it. This website is such a wealth of knowledge I almost don't know where to begin. Sorry to hear that you have fibromyalgia. If you were here I'd be more than willing to share. I hope that I can put it to good use. One of our friends have triplets that are turning 1 in November so I will be making alot of cookies, cupcakes and cakes, so until them I will getting alot of practice.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:02am
post #33 of 58

Sooooo jealous!!! What an awesome hubby you have!!! I was stoked when mine bought me an Agbay!
A sheeter is definitely next on my list, thought it will probably be a looooong time!

laceycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laceycakes Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:35am
post #34 of 58

chefjulie, what is an Agbay? I'm still adding to my "cake vocabulary" and have never heard of this?

mysonbronson... I am also soooo jealous. Do you have one of those husbands where you see something online or on a cake program and you make a comment "Hey that thing looks like it would be so cool to work with." And then all of a sudden he goes on a quest to find out how to get you one? If so, congratulations!! I am farily new to the cake world, so everything I see facinates me. I mentioned that airbrushing looked like it would be fun to TRY. Now, my husband is on a mission to get me one. And of course, I am not putting up much of a fight. hehe

Again, CONGRATS, on the sheeter. I would be covering everything in it!!

OH... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, too!!

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:36am
post #35 of 58

I think at the bottom of the recipe she tells us how much white chocolate to use (6 oz., I think), which is melted in with the corn syrup, butter, etc. You may have to microwave a little longer to get it all melted the white chocolate chips.

If memory serves me correctly (seldom does anymore!), she lists several variations at the bottom.

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:52am
post #36 of 58

thats so awesome! congrats!!!! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:04am
post #37 of 58

OMG!! Multiplied Congratulations~~Wow!!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:41am
post #38 of 58

CONGRATS! What I really really thoughtful husband.

I wish I had one...but then again I have no place to store it without making my kitchen look like a bakery.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:58am
post #39 of 58

holy cats!

i was looking at them last night online.......they cost more than my car !

i'm a novice fondant gal....let us know how much easier it is...i may have to start chuckin away the $$$$$, maybe get one next year...i did see a cheaper one on ebay for 800.00

the other ones i was lookin at were like 2K...you better be extra nice to that boy...you are indeed blessed!

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:30am
post #40 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenleysmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellobutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlymadaresane

WOW! Lucky you!!

You should bake him his FAV cake ASAP! With some extra love!

If my hubby bought me a sheeter, I'd be giving him more than cake... tapedshut.gif and probably every night icon_wink.gif

hehehe,no kidding! icon_biggrin.gif (every morning too)

that's great, lol - insert snoopy laugh here - hehehehehoohoohoohehehee

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:45am
post #41 of 58

Oh, is that why he got it for me? icon_redface.gif Now I get it, duh it was a gift for me and a gift for him also. I should have known. lol[/quote]

It's the gift that keeps on giving!!! icon_smile.gif

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:49am
post #42 of 58

You need to write a book telling us how to be the kind of wife that gets her man to do such things for her. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:10am
post #43 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysonbronson

I've only done one cake in fondant so I'll keep my finger's crossed.

Gee.. think of all that fun you are going to miss out on doing it by hand. All the grunting and sticking and cursing and.....

Yes, I'm jealous icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy the new toy!

Congrats and have a very happy birthday!

tab_stout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab_stout Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 10:39am
post #44 of 58

Congratulations! that would be awesome.

On the subject of sheeters. Does anyone know if a regular dough sheeter would work just as well for fondant?

Here is a link to one I was looking at, thanks for the advise.

http://www.anets.us/equipment/dough-rollers/SDR21-SpecSheet.pdf

jdconcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdconcc Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 10:47am
post #45 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmom

Whaaaat???? What are you - the luckiest woman on the planet????

First, you have a great husband.

Second, he buys you a sheeter.

Third, you live in freakin' Hawaii???

I second that you have got to be counting your blessings right now, you lucky, lucky lady!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

asanchez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asanchez Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:47pm
post #46 of 58

Wow!!! Talk about love!!!!

Enjoy it!!!

Please ask hubby where he got it, name, address and telephone

mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 7:16pm
post #47 of 58

Wow, thanks everyone. Living in a Hawaii can be a blessing, but we have no Michaels, AC Moore, or big craft stores that sell baking supplies. We have everything shipped over when we go to the east coast every 6 months or we have to buy things online which shipping is sooooo expensive, but I can't complain the weather is nice year round here. I must say that I wish we could hop in a car and drive to another state. I guess it's that saying "the grass is greener on the other side". I feel that some of you are sooo lucky you can just go out and pick things up from different craft stores or even grocery stores. No bettercreme, pastry pride or high ratio shortening in our stores =(. But, I must say that I can't really complain about anything right now I have a sheeter.

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 12:15am
post #48 of 58
Quote:

lol u are so funny thumbs_up.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 12:31am
post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by conchita

Quote:

lol u are so funny thumbs_up.gif

ditto that

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 2:56am
post #50 of 58

I just read in another post that Sharon/SugarShack wants to get a sheeter. Hummm - maybe she needs to "consult" with you on how to have her hubby surprise her with a sheeter!

Sheeter or live in Hawaii - hard decision - but I do have an Agbay - had to buy it myself!!

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:10am
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbarbie0513

Congrats!! What is a Somerset Sheeter?

That's hilarious! I was thinking the same thing, but I love that you said congrats anyway!! icon_lol.gif

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:40am
post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiele

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbarbie0513

Congrats!! What is a Somerset Sheeter?

That's hilarious! I was thinking the same thing, but I love that you said congrats anyway!! icon_lol.gif

Its a machine that rolls out fondant for you....you've probably seen them in use on the cake challenges and such.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:47am
post #53 of 58

Hmmm, let's see. I graduated H S in Hilo, HW --so there's the Hawaii thing; married then divorced and reared 4 wonderful sons on a bitty farm in AZ; and yrs later moved to rural MO (where I am thankful people still appreciate custom cakes). Little by little have accumulated CAKE STUFF. I am still saving for Agbay, airbrush and now...fondant sheeter. Milking a milk cow gave me strong arms but the thought of a sheeter makes me swoon! All this time I have never really minded not having a hubby. My life has been full and wonderful. (But now, just a teensy where I hear of all your wonderful supports, well.....)
I awake each day eagerly and with enthusiasm. I love what I am doing and the wonderful support I get when I log on to CC. Thank you all and I'll just keep on kneading and watching my biceps develop!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 4:21am
post #54 of 58

Congrats!

Does he have a brother?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 5:05am
post #55 of 58

You've definitely got a keeper! (Those sheeters are awesome)

You might want to keep the hubby around too - he seems kinda nice. icon_wink.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 5:09am
post #56 of 58
Quote:

Wow, thanks everyone. Living in a Hawaii can be a blessing, but we have no Michaels, AC Moore, or big craft stores that sell baking supplies. We have everything shipped over when we go to the east coast every 6 months or we have to buy things online which shipping is sooooo expensive, but I can't complain the weather is nice year round here.

Two things you might want to consider -

Using USPS flat rate priority. Those boxes get pretty big, and there's no weight restriction. As long as it fits in the box, it ships.

Why not look into opening your own retail shop? You have a great opportunity there, might as well at least give it a thought.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 5:17am
post #57 of 58
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenleysmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellobutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlymadaresane

WOW! Lucky you!!

You should bake him his FAV cake ASAP! With some extra love!

If my hubby bought me a sheeter, I'd be giving him more than cake... tapedshut.gif and probably every night icon_wink.gif

hehehe,no kidding! icon_biggrin.gif (every morning too)

Oh, is that why he got it for me? icon_redface.gif Now I get it, duh it was a gift for me and a gift for him also. I should have known. lol

LMAO...and in between making cakes and covered in frosting too!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:18pm
post #58 of 58

Nice hubby icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%