Pricing For 8 And 10" Cakes For Wedding

Decorating By csweetcakes Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 9:51pm by LaBellaFlor

csweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
csweetcakes Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 4

I have a ? regarding pricing of cakes. I have not done individual cakes for separate stands on a cake table. Part of me feels like they are just special occasion cakes and the other says..."hey, these are wedding cakes" and shoould be more expensive. I charge #3.25/servings for wedding cakes but dessert cakes I charge $32 for a 10". What does everyone think?

3 replies
cakemaker30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker30 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 4

The only different pricing I have is if it's a regular cake or a tiered cake (due to the support system and all that fun stuff). If it's a tiered cake, it doesn't matter to me if it's for a wedding or a birthday party, it is the same price. So since this isn't a tiered cake they would get charged my cheaper single cake price (since there is no stacking, support system, etc.). If I was supplying the stands though there would be a deposit for those. I hope that makes sense.

Edited to add: A 10" cake serves 38 people so you are charging less than $1 per serving for that on your special occassion cakes compared to $3.25 per serving for a wedding cake. That's a huge difference in price per serving.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 4

It would start at no less than $217, if it's BC only, for the 62 servings. I don't charge any differently for cake for a wedding, cake for a b-day, cake for Great Aunt Ester...and I don't understand people who do. Nevermind the support structures (I charge enough to cover that, trust me). But cake is cake. It's by the serving. A piece of wedding cake is a piece of birthday cake is a piece of retirement cake to me!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 4

All my cakes have the same pricing and are called special occasion cakes. The special occasion could be a wedding, a birthday, a baby shower. It doesn't matter, it's all the same price and all the same serving size as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%