-Waving Hand Feverishly-! Help! Indydebi Buttercream

Baking By onlymadaresane Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 3:59pm by jqorso

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:38pm
post #31 of 34

she uses a rubber paint roller and viva paper towels. there is a tutorial on here somewhere. it is how she smooths buttercream.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:54pm
post #32 of 34

[quote="onlymadaresane"]Seriously I should be able to get this!

It TASTES AMAZING.

However this is what I've got.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/luvmarried/baking/100_2987.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/luvmarried/baking/100_2988.jpg

I creamed the 'crisco' (I used off brand with 2.5g sat fat) with warm non dairy creamer with dream whip dissolved in it (about 1/3 c water to start- I've added more because it was SUPER thick) then I added 1cish C&H powdered sugar then I added the rest while on speed 1. Then I cranked it up to 4 and it's still @ 4.

My suggestion to you...is if you want Indydebi's bc to have the best results possible. follow the recipe.....Use Crisco..don't use cheaper store brands....Crisco makes the best icing.....Use milk or half and half...don't use creamer and water....the recipe calls for milk..

I make about 10 batches of this icing each week and it's pretty much fail proof IF you follow the recipe. Don't use water even if you're using non dairy creamer....

Anytime I've read where someone is having problems with this icing it's because they changed or subbed an ingredient. Make it just like the recipe says and it will be perfect everytime.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:08pm
post #33 of 34

Indydebi says don't pay attention to how it looks in the bowl...spread it on the cake and smooth it and that's when you see the real results.

jqorso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jqorso Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 3:59pm
post #34 of 34

Thanks for the pictures Deb!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%