Local Suppliers For Ingredients

Business By jdconcc Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 1:33pm by MrCake01

jdconcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdconcc Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 10:24am
post #1 of 4

Hi

I wonder if anyone has done this or has any ideas where I can start. As my business grows, I really want to be able to use local suppliers for as many ingredients as possible, butter, eggs, milk, flour etc... I have been searching on the internet and emailed a few places, but to be honest I'm not getting very far.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can find out who produces these things locally is there a business directory or website or something like that? I'm based in Yorkshire in the Uk.

Thanks Claire

3 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 10:52am
post #2 of 4

Visit a Farmers Market...introduce yourself and talk to the vendors. Explain what you are trying to do and ask for recommendations. You will meet many others that are doing this already.

jdconcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdconcc Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicuppie

Visit a Farmers Market...introduce yourself and talk to the vendors. Explain what you are trying to do and ask for recommendations. You will meet many others that are doing this already.

doh of course, thanks so much, I really don't think I plugged my brain in this morning. I'll give it a go.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

MrCake01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrCake01 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 4

JustDarling
Also if there is a center for commerce, or a resource like a new business incubator they may have a listing of local producers.
Goodluck,
Mrcake01

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%